Thursday, February 24, 2011

Stress Reduction and Access to God

Last Sunday my pastor preached a sermon on how Jesus' death and resurrection has given us open, unrestricted access to God (Mark 15:38; torn veil first act after the resurrection) and got me to start thinking about all the situations I have experienced, big and small, that I could have drawn on his strength, wisdom, hope to get me through it if not overcome it. Lately, due to stress, I have found myself being quick to anger especially with my son and it's so disappointing to me. Mainly because he isn't really doing anything wrong, just wanting my time/attention. He doesn't realize that I also have to make sure he has dinner, clean clothes, and a clean home. I feel like we as parents (humans) try to carry the burden of so much on our own and forget that we don't have to live like this. Yes, we will all have struggles but we can still have joy in the midst of them if we truly rely and trust on God. Just a little thing I have learned that I think will help out a lot.

So from this point forward on my car ride, or after parking the car in the preschool lot, I will say a little prayer:

"Lord, help me to be the mother that I desire to be. Help me to be understanding, loving, and most important reliant upon you to do great things through me. So that my son, and others, will see your love in me."

I am hopefully optimistic...

No comments:

Post a Comment